Family Cultural Connections Worker (Casual)
This is a unique role created to support children and young people who are placed in OOHC. Wraparound casework support is provided to enhance a child life and build stronger connection with thier family and community. You will be provided with on job training, support in enrolment in higher level of education, experience in wrap around case management skills and quality mentoring and guidance from industry leaders.
As a Family Connections Worker you will be given the following tasks on a referral basis:
- Cultural Planning for children and young people who are placed in OOHC – You will undertake cultural research and family finding to develop recommendations that support meaningful relationship between children, young people and their family and connection back to country.
- Family Time Support and Supervision visit with children and their families – You will supervise and mentor parents to build meaningful relationships when visiting their children and young people. This is a unique role where you can be creative in developing activities and goals to support parents and families in developing and building on stronger relationships and parenting skills.
- Cultural support and mentoring for children, young people, carers and families – You will have the opportunity to help children, young people, foster carers, parents and families learn about their culture and be involved in cultural activities and services.
Qualifications & experience
- Minimum Certificate IV qualification in Community Services, Youth Work or related field. (Can be enrolled and working towards completion)
- Experience in working with Aboriginal children, young people, families and communities.
- Willingness to adhere with Ngaramura Indigenous Corporation policies and procedure.
Ngaramura privide direct services with cultural matching to enhance cultural connection and healing. We are looking for Aborigina, Māori and Pacific Islader people to fill this role.
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- Current WWCC
- Current Drivers Licence
- National Police Check
- Own Comprehensive Car Insurance as you will be required to use your own car.
- On job training
- Support in higher qualification learning
- Mentoring and Support from Industry leaders
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
Please send you resume and a cover letter addressing the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org